Our aim is to keep the school open whenever it is possible to do so. Reduced attendance of any kind impacts on students' learning and progress so it is vital that the school only closes in exceptional circumstances. The school will only close to students if the site is deemed to be unsafe. The decision to open or close the school does not take into account the journey to and from school as each student has a different journey to make. It is important that parents/carers satisfy themselves that their child can safely make the journey before they allow them to depart.
We try to make a decision to close as early as possible in order to allow parents/carers time to make alternative arrangements if necessary. We will alert parents/carers to any closure in a variety of ways:
- We will send a text message to all families and staff
- We will post a message on the website www.longdendalehighschool.org.uk
- We will post a message on the school Facebook account and on Twitter
- We will pass information on to the Local Authority
Thank you for your understanding and continuing support.
In the event of an emergency closure, students will complete their learning for the day remotely.
- A member of the Senior Leadership Team will deliver a Teams live event assembly to all students at 8.30 to share the plan for learning for the day.
- Period 1 work will be set on Class Charts for students to complete, allowing staff time to tweak their lesson planning for the day for live lesson delivery.
- Students learning for the day will make use of both Teams live lessons and our online learning platforms that students already have log in details for.
- Students should check their school email accounts and Class Charts for details of learning to be completed and to find the links for Teams live lessons. Please remember to check the Class Charts notifications as well as the work set section.
- If there are any difficulties accessing the remote learning on the day of an emergency closure, students should contact their form tutor in the first instance, through their school email account.